Berry Zinger Electrolyte Drink Recipe
Keeping your body in balance on the keto diet is important. One thing that’s often overlooked by beginners of the keto lifestyle is pH balance.
You want to make sure that your acidity is controlled. If you’re not eating enough leafy greens or if you’re eating too much meat protein, you may experience uric acid buildup. Build up uric acid causes inflammation and swelling in the joints.
Kidney stones and gallbladder stones are also a threat with high levels of uric acid.
It also causes the buildup of plaque in your arteries. Needless to say you have to take care of your pH balance whether you’re in keto or not.
Drinking lemon juice and apple cider vinegar are non-negotiables on keto.
One quick way to tend to your pH balance is with a homemade, keto friendly electrolyte drink. You can change up whether you use sparkling water, flavored tea, or just water. Personally I really enjoy berries zinger tea from Celestial Seasonings Tea.
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/16 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3 to6 drops Stevia extract
- 1/4 large lemon juice
- 12 ounces Celestial Seasonings Barry Zinger Tea
Brew a generous amount of berries zinger tea. In this particular recipe you’ll be losing 8 to 16 ounces. The remainder can be left in the refrigerator for later use.
Measure all ingredients into a tall glass. Fill with berries zinger tea. If the tea flavor is too strong you can cut it in half and add water for the remaining liquid.
Pour over ice, and enjoy.
Electrolyte Tea Tips
- Do not make this drink in a styrofoam cup. Whenever drinking apple cider vinegar and lemon, because the acidity, default to glass containers.
- If you have kidney disease be very cautious with cream of tartar. Cream of tartar packs 495 mg of potassium per teaspoon. Our daily requirements of 3500 mg. If you have kidney disease your body might have difficulty excreting excess potassium.
- You can always increase the amount of lemon juice used and add a few extra drops of liquid Stevia to make it taste more like a lemonade.
- Consider trying a variety of flavored herbal teas to create an electrolyte drink of your choice. A little variety is always good.
- One thing I also include in this drink is the supplement called CALM. This is a magnesium supplement in a powder form. It creates an electrolyte drink with sodium, potassium, and magnesium – a great balance.
Please share your tips and strategies for maintain pH. Do you have a favorite ACV drink you make at home? We’d love to hear about it.
Join the Keto Gratitude Community
Our Keto Gratitude Facebook group is a great place to share and learn on your keto journey.
When you do, feel free to reach out and say hello. I’d love to hear about your health and weight loss goals.
If you have any questions, I’m here for you!!!