Easy Cheesy Keto Cauliflower Au Gratin
If you’re missing a spring time side dish for your keto burger or pork chops in your keto life, you need this easy cheesy keto cauliflower recipe! It only takes 15 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook.
Who can deny the beautiful flavors of cream cheese, bacon and chives?!? This recipe is a great alternative to potato salad.
If you’re anything like me, chances are you’ve realized you’re spending more time in your keto kitchen now that you’ve dedicated yourself to this new keto lifestyle.
Cheesy cauliflower is a delight to the taste buds and the texture is amazing. I was a bit skeptical because I only recently started eating bacon, but the ingredients in this recipe are just right.
I put this on my 10 ten easy keto friendly recipes in my weekly meal plan. You might like these enough to do the same!
Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Ingredients
- 4 c. cauliflower florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 3 T. unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ t. garlic powder½ t. dried dill
- 1½ c. Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 T. fresh chives, chopped
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket on top of a pot with boiling water and steam until fork-tender, around 6-7 m
3. Transfer steamed cauliflower to a large bowl and add cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, and dried dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
4. Transfer to oven-safe casserole dish and top with shredded cheese blend and crumbled bacon. Place in preheated oven and roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on top, around 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and serve immediately topped with fresh chives.
Cheesy Cauliflower Tips
After preparing my keto cauliflower several times, I realized I prefer very small piece of cauliflower rather than florets. In fact, I even get them to nearly mashed stage and they were equally delicious.
I also minimize steaming time. If you like crunchy cauliflower, play with the steam time and adjust to your preference.
If you like spicy and want to turn this recipe up a notch, try a shake of cayenne pepper. It’s adds a whole new dimension of flavor, and you get the benefit of capsicum – metabolism boosting and decreased inflammation.
Because cauliflower is a staple on my healthy keto meal plan, I make it a lot. I tweak the amounts of the ingredients and spices to give it a new flare. A few cherry tomatoes chopped and added were pretty good too!
Eat this as a side to roasted chicken and you’ve got a great picnic lunch. Even kids will like their veggies!
Total Carbs: 5.36g
Net Carbs: 3.86g
Protein: 15?t: 78%
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer. Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
Simplify Your Life With Easy Keto Meal Planning
Don’t let the pressure of counting macro frustrate you. Get a collection of keto recipes, like cheesy keto cauliflower, at your finger tips.
This will free you up to worry about discover recipes you really enjoy so you can put them on your list of regulars in the future. Get access to our Keto Meals and simplify your life!