Low Carb Balsamic Oregano Salad Dressing
This is my signature dressing, and it’s keto friendly. I created this recipe years ago and make this low carb nectar at least three nights a week.
When I first made it it wasn’t concerned about sugar. I used to use regular mayo and sugar. I’ve since traded those ingredients out for the healthy low glycemic options.
The good news is it tastes great on everything. But pouring over my Crunchy Chopped Salad is to die for!!! It’s so good, I eat about five cups of it at dinner time.
No lie. My husband is amazed that i can eat that much in one sitting. I hope you like this as much as I do.
Make it tonight and tweak it to your taste. I’d love your feedback on this low carb dressing – test it on your friends and family and see what they think.
Ingredients for Low Carb Balsamic Oregano Dressing
- 4 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs White vinegar
- 1/4 c Avocado oil
- 2 – 3 tbs Keto friendly Mayonnaise (homemade is best)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 – 2 tsp Spicy deli mustard
- 3 – 4 tbs Water
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp eryithretol (or replace with liquid stevia to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in a 16 oz mason jar.
- Shake it up until it’s frothy. You could put it in a blender, but I prefer it shaken.
Pour all of it – yup, all of it – over you big bowl of Crunchy Chopped Salad or a salad of your choice and toss until coated.
Low Carb Dressing Tips
- Dress your salad and let it rest about 15 minutes before eating. This allows the variety of greens in the chopped greens to marinate and share their flavors with the sweetness of the blow carb balsamic dressing before you eat it.
- If you’re a keto girl like me keep in mind, this is a shameless salad dressing. It’s high in fiber and loaded with good fat. All you need is a side of high quality protein like salmon, and you have a compete low carb feast better than you’d order at a five star restaurant.
- Notice i did not give exact amount on the ingredients. This is because you need to discover the flavors that really make your tastebuds dance. Experiment with it until you find your own signature style of this dressing
Do you have a favorite low carb – keto friendly dressing recipe?
Let me know if you adapt this recipe to your taste or if you tried it over one of your favorite salads. I’d love to get your twist on my signature dressing. Please leave your comment below
Nothing makes my happier than sharing and gathering new ideas to spice thing up in the kitchen, especially for low carb salads.
Join the Keto Gratitude Community
Our Keto Gratitude Facebook group is a great place to share and learn on your keto journey.
When you do, feel free to reach out and say hello. I’d love to hear about your health and weight loss goals.
If you have any questions, I’m here for you!!!